Call us at (902) 895-4295 or email to make an appointment to start your own personal healing journey in private 1-on-1 sessions with a Women’s Support Worker, whenever you are ready.
All cancellations require 24 Notice. Please ask about our cancellation policy.
Services We Provide:
At any one time, our services may include:
- Crisis Support: working with women in crisis to help solve immediate problems.
- Follow-up Support: can also be provided after the crisis to assist women in putting their lives back together again. This includes friendly listening.
- Supportive Counselling: giving women the opportunity to find their own answers to problems and questions through a strengths-based approach. Listening to someone who needs to talk provides a crucial early intervention and preventative service. We provide one-on-one confidential support.
- Friendly Listening: giving women the opportunity to find their own answers to problems and questions through a strengths-based approach. Listening to someone who needs to talk provides a crucial early intervention and preventative service. Knowledgeable staff members provide one-on-one confidential support.
- Referral Service: Central Nova Women’s Resource Centre knows the services that are available in Colchester County and surrounding areas, and can refer women who need the services and/or supports of other agencies. If a woman does not know where to find help, we can help find the necessary resources.
- Accompaniment: If a woman needs emotional and physical support when dealing with issues, a staff member may accompany her to other agencies.
- Individual Advocacy: Assisting women to obtain the services they need.
- Support Programs: relevant programs and workshops to meet the needs of women in the community.
- Prevention Programs: youth based programs and workshops to decrease violence in the community.
Community Education, Support and Development:
- Resource Centre: an up-to-date resource, information and referral centre
- Assistance: organizational assistance for groups and individuals when their planned activity is relevant to Central Nova Women’s Resource Centre objectives
- Community Development: Central Nova Women’s Resource Centre is involved in social and economic support of our community. Staff members work with the community to identify problems and mobilize in order to develop positive responses to pressing issues.
- Pro-Choice: The CNWRC is a pro-choice organization. We accept the political and ethical view that a woman has total control over her fertility and pregnancy. This includes access to accurate sexual education, access to safe and legal abortion, support and resources for continuing pregnancies, contraceptive and fertility treatments; and legal protection from forced abortion.
- Social Advocacy: The CNWRC is a voice for the needs and issues of women to governments and service agencies through Women’s Centre Connect (WCC).
WCC unites the eight other community-based women’s centres of Nova Scotia.